Planning is already underway for the new school year. Carefully read the following information to help your child prepare for a strong start at MBMS.
7th & 8th Grade Textbook/Chromebook Checkout: See the schedule below and save the date!
- Last names A–K attend on Thursday, August 18 at 9:15am–11:00am
- Last names L–Z attend on Friday, August 19 at 9:15am–11:00am
- MBMS has 7 periods a day.
- The first day of school is Wednesday, August 24 (no late start or zero period on this day).
- School hours on the first day are 8:10am–3:00pm.
MBMS is a 1:1 Chromebook School
- Students are required to use an MBUSD managed Chromebook while at school. No other laptop or tablet devices are allowed to be used in the classroom unless specifically provided by MBMS staff.
- Families may purchase a Chromebook for their child and have it configured to MBUSD settings or borrow a district-owned Chromebook. The MBMS Tech Office will be available to configure personal Chromebooks at the Textbook/Chromebook Checkout event. (See schedule and hours listed above.)
Summer Reading Lists
Math Summer Bridge Activities
- Students are strongly encouraged to keep up their math practice over the summer.
- Math bridge activities can be found on the Math page in the Academics section of this website.
- Do not get discouraged when looking at the document. Many of the links listed only have a couple of questions to work on.
8th Grade Trip to Pali – Space still available
- The 8th grade class will take a trip to Pali Institute for an outdoor science school and overnight experience on October 26–28.
- Email Katie Cavallaro ([email protected]) to reserve a spot for your child if interested.
Please be on the lookout for additional information as the first day of school approaches. In the meantime, enjoy a safe and restful summer!