The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP), also referred to as State Testing, will take place at MBMS this year on May 15–May 26. The English and Math tests will be administered to students in 6th–8th grade. The California Science Test (CAST) will be taken by 8th grade students only. MBMS uses State Testing as one of several data points to guide curriculum and provide personalized instruction. Thank you in advance for your support.
State Testing schedule information:
- English Language Arts Testing will take place on Monday, May 15 & Tuesday, May 16. Testing will be at 8:10–10:10. Classes will meet for shortened periods afterwards.
- Math Testing will take place on Thursday, May 18 & Friday, May 19. Testing will be at 8:10–10:10. Classes will meet for shortened periods afterwards.
- Science Testing (8th grade only) will take place on Monday, May 22 & Tuesday, May 23. The test will be given during 8th grade science class. There will be no change to the bell schedule.
- Make-up Testing will take place on Wednesday, May 24–Friday, May 26. Students who do not finish the test will be automatically called for testing throughout the day. There will be no change to the bell schedule.
- Click HERE for the full testing schedule.
State Testing logistics:
- Zero period PE will be canceled the week of May 15–May 19.
- Students will test with their 1st period class. Students who do not have a 1st period class at MBMS will be assigned a testing room as the dates approach. Notifications regarding this will be sent via email.
State Testing technology requirements:
- The test can only be taken on Chromebooks. Macbooks and other devices are not compatible. If your child has been bringing a device other than a Chromebook to school, please help them get in the habit of bringing their Chromebook to school instead.
- Chromebooks need to be fully charged. Now is a good time for students to get in the routine of charging their Chromebook nightly.
- Students need to bring wired headphones for the test. Wired headphones are required because wireless headphones are not compatible with the secure test browser.
- Mice are optional if students prefer to use them over the touchpad.
- Unauthorized technology such as smartphones and smartwatches will not be allowed during the test. Students must turn off these devices and store them inside their backpacks for the full duration of the test.
Vice Principal, Manhattan Beach Middle School