You are here
iPad Program, APPS and Parent iPad Night Notes 2016-2017 - How To Guide
Please use the following information for iPad support and recommended apps.
2016/2107 IPAD NEWS:
Click here for the letter sent to all incoming 6th Graders regarding iPads.
For returning students who borrowed iPads last year, your contract will renew. Please visit the library on Registration Day to pick up the same iPad your child used last year. If you are now wishing to borrow an iPad for the first time, please contact Gretchen Gabreski.
Connect to WiFi:
Click here to view the Parent iPad Night presentation 2016-2017.
Use Restrictions on your iPad: You can use Restrictions, also known as parental controls, to block or limit specific apps and features on your iPad, including access to content in the iTunes Store.
Click here to view this lesson about How To Download Apps.
1. Accelerator Reader
2. Code Scanner by ScanLife
3. Creative Book Builder
7. Google Drive
8. Google Docs
9. Google Sheets
10. Google Slides
14. PowerSchool Student
19. Show Me
Instructions for redeeming the free codes for apps (voucher codes will be distributed during grade level registration):
1. Open App Store
2. Scroll to the bottom of the home page.
3. Select the "sign in" tab at the left of the screen.
4. A new dialogue box will open. Enter your apple id (email address) and password.
5. To the right of the "sign in" tab, which will now show your apple id, there is a tab that says "redeem". Tap this. It may ask you to sign in again.
6. A new dialogue window will open. In it, you will see two options: "use camera" and "you can also enter your code manually". Select the manual option.
7. Enter your redemption code. After a few seconds, a new dialogue box will open verifying the code and showing the app beginning to download and install. Once the app begins downloading, select "enter another code".
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for additional apps.