You are here
Bike To School Day For MBMS Students - register kids by April 28th
On Wednesday, May 3, all Manhattan Beach Middle School students are encouraged to Bike To School. To encourage this we are partnering with The South Bay Bicycle Coalition, Manhattan Beach Police Department, and the Manhattan Beach Fire Department. Even Mrs. Linz may be seen on two wheels instead of four next Wednesday!!
There will be a Biking School Bus going to school that day from different points in the city:
• designated meetup spots where MBPD / MBFD will be helping to gather kids will be announced next week and assigned to students.
• meetup time will be 8:00 am and everyone will bike to school together at 8:15am
• each “biking school bus” will have an assigned officer
Please make sure your kid is REGISTERED by April 28 so we can assign you a meetup spot
All students who bike to school this day will get:
• Bike Safety class – May 1 during lunch time 12:45pm - please encourage your child to attend. Students who attend will receive three MBMS tickets to enter in this week's raffle!
• Bike Safety Welcome table:
- answer trivia questions, learn to check tires
- photo booth with street safety props
- get prizes (hats / sunglasses etc.)
Join the raffle for a chance to win a new bike!
If your children are already riding their bikes to school, kudos to you and your children! Consider inviting other families who are not to join you on May 3rd ! If your children are not riding their bike to school, this is an opportunity to give it a try!
Review our bike safety tips document, and get your bikes and helmets tuned and ready to go! In addition to the health benefits associated with riding a bike, numerous studies show that kids who exercise before school starts are more focused and perform better in the classroom!
Please encourage your child to participate and enjoy a day with no drop off or pick up!